Installing and using Git on Windows
I've just built a new workstation and was about to install my Git workflow again and realised I still haven't posted about how it all works.
Bases for the Workflow
The programs I use for my Git setup are as follows:
- GitLab (I used GitHub before being Micro$oft owned)
- Sublime Merge (I've grown to like it, but it's quite expensive for what it does)
- Sublime Text (Small fast and simple - Excellent!)
1) We start by downloading Git from their website: Git Download
2) Install Git using the recomended settings on their installer
3) In the Git GUI go to "Help > Show SSH Key" and generate a new key.
4) Paste your new key into GitLab SSH Keys and label your machine.
5) Setup your IDE (for me, it's Sublime Text 3)
6) Install Sublime Merge, and thats it!
Hope this helps, there really isn't much more to it than that.